Things to do and Places to See in Saignon, Provençe
- The information centre in Apt is excellent, English is spoken
- Restaurants – there are 5 restaurants in Saignon open in the peak period plus the boulangerie which is open for breakfast and lunch.
Also in the area there are Michelin star restaurants within 15 minutes of Saignon as well as popular local restaurants in the nearby villages
- Cycling – there is a designated bike track that runs through Apt. You can join the track from many parts of the D900.
- Kayaking – there is kayaking in Fontaine de Vaucluse, or go further afield to the Grand Canyon of Verdun
- Hiking – there are many hiking tracks, some of the best around the small village of Buoux
- Saturday morning markets in Apt – this market has been open since the 12th century. It is considered to be one of the finest in France for its ambiance and authenticity
- Local villages – visit the local villages of Bonnieux, Lacoste and Menerbes made famous in the book ‘A Year in Provençe’ by Peter Mayle.
Or go further afar to Roussillon, Gordes, Avignon, St Remy de Provençe, Les Baux, Le Pont du Gard, Arles and many more
- Isle sur la Sorgue – visit this village for its antiques and broccante market on Sunday
- Wineries - visit the wineries of the Luberon Valley, Chateau Canorgue (as in the Russell Crowe movie, "A Good Year"), Chateau de l’Isolettem Chateau de Mille and many more
- Beaches - the pretty fishing village of Cassis (only 1.5 - 2 hours drive from Saignon) as well as the beaches of Marseilles
- L'Occitane Factory - Visit the L'Occitane factory in Manosque, they have a great factory shop. You must pre-book for a tour